From the rolling hills of Tuscany, where you cannot believe the beauty in front of you, to the remarkable amount of history in a place like Rome, where you can feel the energy of lifetimes past… there’s no wonder why Italy makes up one of the most popular destinations for European honeymoons….
Lake Como is wonderful but definitely busier. Moltrasio is a hop skip and a jump away from Cernobbio, Torno, Como and more by way of the water taxi (definitely our preferred method of getting around!). You get to sit back, relax and enjoy the mist coming off the back of the boat
- Chiesa di san Vincenzo, Cernobbio – a stunning church in the heart of historic part of town
- Garden walk through the garden called the the Giardino della Valle, Cernobbio
- Historic Church “Santa Tecla” in the village of Torno
- Waterfall in Moltrasio
- Como Cathedral, Lake Como
- Villa D’Este, Cernobbio (know for it’s lavish weddings too!)
Venice is a must see, a once in a lifetime destination. It being our first visit to Venice, we explored so many regions of the island. Every corner is filled with a sense of awe and excitement.
- Grand Canal
- Saint Mark’s Basilica
- Rialto Bridge
- Santa Maria della Salute – gorgeous Roman Catholic Cathedral
- Biblioteca di San Barnaba – also from the set of Indiana Jones!
- San Giorgio Maggiore – intricate 16th Century Benedictine Church
- Santa Maria Zobenigo
- Scuola Grande di San Marco
- Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari
- Ca’ d’Oro – museum and palace on the water, incredible!
- Piazza San Marco
- Doge’s Palace
What do you think?